Edgbaston Community Centre
Due to existing Covid-19 guidance from the NHS and Government we are adopting changes to the hire of Edgbaston Community Centre.
The changes are to ensure the safety and wellbeing of Staff, hirers, building users and visitors to our Centre.
The guidance is effective for the opening of the centre on the 4th August 2020.
Our aim is to provide certainty in a situation that is changing almost on a weekly basis we are monitoring closely government advice.
We will endeavour to keep updating our website and our phone lines are exceptionally busy so please bear with us we will do our best to keep you informed.
Guidance for building users
1. All users will identify differences to the layout of the building and extensive efforts will be in place to ensure that social distancing and hygiene measures are in place.
2. The building social distances will have an impact on the types of activities and the size of the groups that can be admitted at Edgbaston Community Centre.
3. For guidance each group will be requested to undertake their own Covid-19 risk assessment for there activity these will include completing a new document providing details of their activity and what measures they have put in place to manage risks associated with Covid-19. Guidance can be found on the HSE website click here to visit HSE Website.
4. We will restrict numbers where the 2m social distancing guidelines are not being adhered to.
5. All rooms will be marked with social distancing instructions and a one way system will be in place for movement in the main corridors.
6. Hand washing will be promoted onsite we recommend and encourage groups to inform attendees to bring anti-bacterial hand sanitisers or extra wet wipes.
7. Face masks or face coverings should be worn onsite.
8. The onsite café will be available and catering can be requested via the café to supply food and beverages.
9. Café seating inside the building be heavily restricted due to social distancing additional seating will be available outside.
10. Access to the Kitchen can no longer be available for general use. However arrangements can be made for access to the use of a microwave for groups but this will be based on the risk assessment and will be advised on a group by group basis.
11. Access to water for hot drinks special arrangements will be made on a group by group basis.